1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Auto sensing lights and temp in mirror ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dheavychevy38, Dec 9, 2009.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 Senior Member

Ok so lastnight while plowing I noticed the temp gauge in the rear view was wy out of wack. The lights when I got home from plowing I noticed my lights where not on when the key was turned on. 03 hevy 2500hd 6.0 gas. Any help would be great was out 16 hours last night so Im not thinking to good. :dizzy::sleeping:

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Was it reading hi or low? The temp sensor is probably under the hood and your readings are skewed because the plow blocks the cold air from getting under the hood.

3. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 Senior Member

hi ya thats what i figured.

4. skippy867

skippy867 Member

also check the plug in on the back of the mirror. sometimes they can pop half way off and will give you a weird temp reading

5. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

sensor for temp is under grill so plow will mess it up mine reads in the hundreds.
    light sensor is nipple on dash. if it is covered with hat etc.