1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Auto Parts supplier

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by L.I.Mike, Dec 14, 2007.

1. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I have tried Advance Auto parts in town for 2 items for my truck, A radiator and a master cylinder.
    Both were defective and have had to go back. The master cylinder I replaced wednesday night and it was fun pumping the brakes to get the truck to stop. I go there this morning and am told that there is no way they can get me a replacement until saturday.
    These people seem to sell crap. Any luck with any other parts suppliers?:gunsfiring:

2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Napa works good.....

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Take it back and get a refund, then go to a diffrent parts store and get your part. There has to hundresd of parts stors in NY.

There is no reason to waite for your parts.

yes some times rebuilt parts are bad.

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Mike,
    I use a great Parts house in CT. (accross the sound). In Fairfied. He can get you what you want that day. It is called Exact Auto Warehouse ask for Todd (the owner). PM me if you want more information.
    T.J.

5. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Thanks,
    The regional manager is driving the part out from another store. See what happens.
    The counter girl this morning said there was nothing she could do except get me the part saturday. 14 hours plowing and that is not what I wanted to hear. Next time I will go some place else.
    Thanks for the help. Sucks that I get to do this all over again tonight..

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I have found it best to stick with NAPA on most things.
    If they can get it I will use them.

I went to Autozone for a headlight switch and after them giving me 2 bad ones then telling me they could not refund the cost because it must be my truck that is the problem. I went to the dealership and bought one and have had no problems since and after a call to corporate i got my refund on the 3rd switch.

I will only buy the Duralast batteries from them any more and stick to the NAPA in town.