1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

auto or manual hubs?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chevytruck85, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

Just wondering what u guys would perfer most for plowing manual or auto locking hubs??
  2. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

that is when my wife would drive it..

I have several jeeps. but my wife would take a 94 geo tracker in the snow...the geo had atomatic hubs. here is how the conversation went. if it is nasty ice and snow engage the hubs(both) then pull the lever and drive(cj) maxed out with technology and could do the rubicon tomorrow or pull lever if tires spin.(94 geo) she asked for the geo tracker every time to get to work!but there is a catch I do not believe they perform as well when you use reverse. there is a lag time and forward backward reveals this lag(plowing)
    good concept bad idea for plowing keep it simple and go with the cookie cutter warn hubs and live to plow another day!
  3. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I have to agree manual hubs is the only way to go. put them in in the fall and out in the spring. no need to ever get out of the truck.
    Form my understanding Auto hubs shift in and out every time you change direction and that is a lot of usless ware.
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

manual no doubt