1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

auto locks killing battery?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by cameo89, Nov 17, 2010.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Ok I got a 94 jeep grand V-8, the the problem is the auto locks do weird things such as lock doors when I shut off the head lights or just let it run, we have to jump it every morning and after it starts I unroll the window because all the doors lock. I just bought a new interstate battery, had alt. Checked.
    So question is, I need to disable the power locks all together. How do I do this? Thanks inadvance. :)

2. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Iim hoping that there is a fuse or a relay I can remove.

3. MNcasper

MNcasper Junior Member

I'm sure this wont be much help but what little I could find out is that the relay is plugged into a module located under the glove compartment. fwiw hope you already got this ironed out.

4. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Thank you sir, I never knew there were relays there, I removed to small black relays that clicked when I locked/unlocked the door. I guess now its a waiting game till tomorrow morning to see if its dead. Thanks again

5. MNcasper

MNcasper Junior Member

Hope it works out. I'll be happy if it helps you.
    take care, Keith

6. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

When I woke up I went out to start my truck for work, then went to the wifes jeep with my fingers crossed and wow it started rite up. I think its fixed! No more power locks but who cares as long as no more dead battery every fricken morning! Thanks again for the info.

7. MNcasper

MNcasper Junior Member

I'm glad it worked. Wish I could figure out how you could fix it to give her the locks back. I'll let you know if I come up with anything. Keith

8. overtime

overtime Senior Member

Most likely there is a bad switch that need to be replaced. Once to want to fix it. Taked time but not hard to do.

9. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Power locks is the least of our worries. Im just glad it started this morning with out a jump. She only drives it once or twice a week, and I drive it from time to time. Once summer rolls around I will probably fix the locks. But thanks again

10. MNcasper

MNcasper Junior Member

Very Happy that I could help

11. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Well its been apx. 5 days and it has started every day since I pulled the power lock relays. My wife is so happy we don't have to jump it every day she even said I get bedroom goddies! :) Thanks MNcasper

12. MNcasper

MNcasper Junior Member

Congratulations! Bedroom goodies make it even better. Enjoy and best wishes to you both :)

13. PENJrAV8R

PENJrAV8R Junior Member

I had this problem in a SAAB I owned. The windows and locks developed a mind of their own (the windows decided to go down in the middle of January and refused to go back up). I found the problem was the button for the windows. At some point, a drink was spilled on the switch panel (on a 95 SAAB 900, this is located in the center console right behind the cup holder.... duh...) and the sugary remains were occasionally bridging the connections. Removing the panel and cleaning the circuit board with carb cleaner fixed the problem cheaply and effectively. You may want to investigate to see if you have a similar problem. Hopefully others can learn from my SAAB story...