1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Auto Insurance ???

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Sno4U, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I backed into a dumpster w/ my truck and banged up a 1/4 panel to the tune of $3200. The body shop will have to remove the box to fix and send out to respray bedliner as the repair will go up and into the edge of the liner.
    So I have Progressive Auto Insurance.
    My shop guy has already told me "Oh no, they're a PITA to work with"
    Any other opinions/experience out there?
    They've offered their conciere' service to me but do they have trucks to loan U-?I'll be needing mine to pull my 16ft enclosed L/C trailer soon!

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I also have Progressive and they've been very nice to me. I can't imagine being treated any better to be honest with you. You shouldn't have any problems.

3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't matter what insurance company as far as repairs go. You have the right to go anywhere that will accept your insurance company. Then it's between those two parties - not you. As for rental ... you can ask nicely but, I'm sure your policy excludes business use or lose so you'll get what they give you and you can apply that money toward something else and pay the difference.

$3,200 sounds a bit high for just a fender. I have a complete rear bumper and rear quarter and had to redo the linex and frame straightening because of weak sheet metal it was under 2k.