1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

auto insurance

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by skinut2234, Dec 31, 2013.

1. skinut2234

skinut2234 Member
    from NJ

I checked in with my town and they said they hire outside guys to assist during storms- i have an F250 with a 7.5 plow- I've done some sidework- The town says it requires a million dollar insurance on the truck- My insurance company is closed today but any idea on how much this costs??

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

In NJ.....3-4K

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Depends on where you live. Mine costs me 1,700 here in IL.

4. 1olddogtwo

Mine is 700.00

5. JustJeff

Give me your agent's number, I definitely need it!!! You mean to tell me that I'm wasting a grand a year??? Seriously though, please send me a name and number, I'd really appreciate it.

6. 1olddogtwo

7. mud

mud Senior Member

In addition to the million dollar policy on the truck you are also going to need a general liability policy. Rates seem to have gone nuts in new jersey in recent times so you are likely looking at 3-4 grand or maybe more as noted above.

8. jim5x5

jim5x5 Member

I pay just over 800 for 2 mill coverage through West Bend Insurance

9. JustJeff

You Sir just put a little over 400.00 in my pocket, thank you!!! I called your insurance agent and he quoted me around 700.00 for a million dollar policy, so I called my insurance agent and cancelled my existing policy which is being reimbursed to me at a pro-rated amount, and that leaves me 400+ ahead! Thanks again.

10. CleanCutL&S

CleanCutL&S Senior Member

I have 4 Plow trucks and a personal suv, I pay $5600 / yr for progressive auto, But Im also 26 and have a few tickets in my past. But progressive has been the best company I have ever dealt with. Really awesome with claims!

11. CleanCutL&S

CleanCutL&S Senior Member

edit: delete. wrong forum