1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

auger jammed, is it the transmission???

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by sparksrides, Feb 4, 2013.

1. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

last night while out salting the auger just stopped so I treated it like any other auger jam, cleared the salt down to the auger and dug the auger completely free. It didn't fix the problem so i put a pipe wrench on the shaft and tried to spin it by hand, witch I have to do after letting it sit all off season just to get it spinning but its frozen solid. just my luck, could it be just the motor or is it the transmission. oh its a v pro 8000, this unit has given me nothing but trouble. first it was the bulk salt bridging in the hopper then the controller and now this. not a happy camper at all...
  2. sparksrides

turns out it was just the motor, no biggie just $300 smh :realmad::cry::dizzy: The transmission is making a clunking noise but I'm not putting any more money into this unit until it makes me some money...
  3. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

i thought the motor/trans was sold as one unit ?
  4. sparksrides

no I was able to get just the motor two bolts and it was changed. i could have gotten a cheaper price on e bay but i needed it right away.