1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by G.McNeill&Son, Jan 8, 2010.

1. G.McNeill&Son

G.McNeill&Son Member

Has anybody purchased equipment from auctions, if so how did it work out for you. I am looking at the Iron planet auction online. They seem to have equipment really cheap. Just looking for feed back on all auctions
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I have bought different things from local auctions, its worked well for me.
  4. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to know if anyone knew anymore sites and figured why not keep it in one thread?

I know of Municibid.com and AuctionsInternational.com

Anyone have some more?
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Obenhauf and Repocast have a lot of good stuff often.

Just have to watch out for buyer fees. Some sites will ding 15-20%. That's how they make their money.
  6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The thing that sucks about online auctions is that you end up bidding against yourself from time to time. The owner of the item is the person who's bumping your bid. There are some good places out there but like someone said before me you need to watch out for buyer's premiums.
  7. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I tend to stay local, easier to inspect and also you can get hands on what you are looking at. Richie Brothers has a local lot so there tends to be a HUGE selection here when they have there auctions.
  8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

auctoins are not like they used to be i think now most sell stuff at what you could buy it for at a dealer plus youy have to pay that buyers premium which is a big joke makes me not really want to buy anything .