1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Auction of snowplow equipment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mick, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Tomorrow, I'm going to an auction which includes:

'95 Ford L8000 dump w/plow and sander
    '84 Kenworth dump w/plow and sander
    '86 Ford F800 w/flat dump
    '85 Ford F700 w/flat dump
    '75 Chevy w/flat dump
    8ft Fisher plow
    misc snowplows and wings

couple of forklift, equip trailers etc,etc

Wish me luck, I'll be trying for one of the dumps (probably the Chevy) and maybe the Fisher. I'm hoping they sell a sander separate.

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Where will this auction be ? and who is the auctioner

3. Mick

from Maine

cat320 - it's in Monmouth, Me. at 10:00. Auctioneer is D A Folsom Auction Service. I've been to an auction by them before. I think they're kind of jerks, but I had a bad experience. Wasn't the auctioneer's fault, the clerk was an idiot (in my opinion). Wound up getting the sheriff's deputy involved. If anyone is planning to go, you need to be aware of terms - "Cash or company check accompanied by current bank letter of credit payable to D.A. Folsom Auction Service, Inc".

There's also a bunch of construction, welding, carpentry, concrete etc equip.

I'm still kicking myself for passing on a good-running 1010 bulldozer two weeks ago that went for $2100.

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Good Luck

Geoff

5. Mick

from Maine

Hi, GeoffD. Actually, I was wondering if you'd seen that sale notice. Not sure you'd really be interested in used, though.

6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

The 85, and 86 might be one of my old trucks.

Geoff

7. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Wondering how you made out at the auction, Mick?

8. Mick

from Maine

Didn't get any of the plows. Mostly junk, rusted out or too big for me. The F700 and 800 were pretty nice and went for $7100 each, just too big for me. There was a complete 8' Fisher SpeedCaster that went for $1000. I'm cheap, but thought that was too high. I did got a real good 10" Craftsman radial arm saw for $80.

Mick