Snow Plowing Forum banner

ATV with V Blade

48K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  F16viperTec 
#1 ·
Does anyone on here have a V blade on there ATV? Im in the middle of making one, and I need some pics of the center pivot point.
I know it would probably of been easier to buy one, but heck I had most of the material, and what would a little challenge hurt!!!
Thanks, Matt

#27 ·
I wish I had the means to make a v plow for my tractor. nice work do you have and pics of it straight? or can it only be in scoop or v? thats some really clean work.

#28 ·
mulcahy mowing;487978 said:
I wish I had the means to make a v plow for my tractor. nice work do you have and pics of it straight? or can it only be in scoop or v? thats some really clean work.
It can be strait, v, and scoop, one side scoop position one straight, and angled both ways. Each side of the blade has 3 positions(you should be able to tell from the pictures) The far outside one will make it v, the center wil be straight, and the inside one will be in the scoop position.

#29 ·
If you are in the market for another machine to put that plow on, you might consider a Polaris Ranger 4X4 or even 6X6. They are geared lower to begin with, yet can do 40 MPH. You can put up to 1000 lbs in the dump bed (think sand ballast) for great traction. Can also do soft or hard cab enclosure with HEAT.

Just putting a bug in your ear.....

#30 ·
RipT;488045 said:
If you are in the market for another machine to put that plow on, you might consider a Polaris Ranger 4X4 or even 6X6. They are geared lower to begin with, yet can do 40 MPH. You can put up to 1000 lbs in the dump bed (think sand ballast) for great traction. Can also do soft or hard cab enclosure with HEAT.

Just putting a bug in your ear.....
Heat, whats that, I work out in the freezing cold all day, no need to start with comfort there!!:dizzy:
Im thinking about a 500 foreman manual shift. Maybe an artic cat after this past month with Honda. Heck with all the electronicsi believe that i now can say in the past month everything but the tranny and motor has been replaced on it, The way it sounds the ECM took a crap and burnt everything up.!!!:guns::angry: Thanks goodness for a warranty
Matt

#37 ·
Lovethebizz;501652 said:
looks really good! Your next project should be getting a control so you can switch it without getting of you wheeler! THat would be great(just like v-plows on trucks):waving:
Well i would really like to do that, but two problems, A: dont have the money, B:the added weight, i already have 80 pounds on the rear of it.

#39 ·
the barrel you used for this plow.. it's an OLDER style barrel isn't it? The ones that were thicker than they make now. I found some barrels at work but they are newer ones with bevels(?) on the sides to make them strong. (Not sure if this is the right word for them..)

#40 ·
RLTimbs;510811 said:
the barrel you used for this plow.. it's an OLDER style barrel isn't it? The ones that were thicker than they make now. I found some barrels at work but they are newer ones with bevels(?) on the sides to make them strong. (Not sure if this is the right word for them..)
nope, i got 18'' 11 guage drum rolled for me, the ppl that wnat the v-blades im makeing keep asking about 55 gall drums, but i say it just like the huge a&& grain auger shafts!!

a 4x8 sheet of 11 guage runs around 107 bucks around here

#41 ·
but after thinking about it, you could use the older style drums, just ahve to be careful of the thickness.......anything under 11 guage will be wobbly i bet, unless u add alot of support
Matt

#42 ·
Elwer;510820 said:
nope, i got 18'' 11 guage drum rolled for me, the ppl that wnat the v-blades im makeing keep asking about 55 gall drums, but i say it just like the huge a&& grain auger shafts!!

a 4x8 sheet of 11 guage runs around 107 bucks around here
where the hell would I find a drum like this? Any ideas..

#47 ·
ummmm, wow, nice job..... im very inpressed

not to knock ur work at all, but didnt think i saw a trip edge? are you going to use rubber?

#51 ·
Commercial V plow?

Lawnscape89;481306 said:
I have the exact plow that is pictured on that website and it's mounted on my Brute Force 750. If you'd like any pics (better or specific areas) just let me know. It's a Cycle Country and two of it's weaknesses are 1) the cutting edge wears out pretty fast and 2) the two angle adjustment bars are very weak and will bend. This isn't as much of a concern if you run in the V position as there is less stress on them, otherwise, they're weak.

The one that your making there, Matt, looks much stronger and more durable than the Cycle Country. The cutting edge alone is a great improvement. I pretty much ruined mine last year in a storm by letting the cutting edge wear down into the plow :eek: Otherwise, you can't beat a V on an ATV for sidewalks IMO :cool:
Cycle Country was the first to make a vplow for ATVs and it was on the weak side. But i have heard a rummor they are make two new commercial grade vplows for atvs. They are making a 48 and 54 inch with a high strength steel cutting edge (that will last forever) and fixing the strength issues of the vplow position arms. Cycle Country's plows all have a lifetime warranty and they just came out with a 150 lbs down force kit that kicks ass for $99! Go check em out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.