1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV with a blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Elwer, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Elwer

Elwer Senior Member

I have been thinking bout this for a little bit. Would using an ATV with a blade be an efficient way of clearing off sidewalks and small driveways and would it be quicker. It would a lot easier on my back.

2. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it will work just fine we run two Grizzlies 4X4 blades and salt spreaders. They are great for those long walk ways and you can do driveways too.

3. Elwer

Elwer Senior Member

Thanks Walkers. but what size blades do you run with those? I was thinking about a 60 inch

4. Spikegt

Spikegt Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

I just put a plow on my ATV can't wait to use it. I went with 48" blade as this machine will be used mostly for sidewalks.

5. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

I've got a 54" blade on my Polaris Sportsman 700, pushed 12 inches of snow off walks last friday with absolutly no problem! I wouldn't trade it for anything:gunsfiring:

6. Elwer

Elwer Senior Member

Thankz for the info and imput. I have a 400 honda rancher 4x4 that isnt afaid of anything. Would it be cheaper to buy chains for in the long run when the tires are starting to bald a little, or would you just go out and spend 350 for 4 new ones??

7. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

I would only use chains as a last resort. All of the vibaration is very hard on the rear axle bearings. I guess that would only apply if you were using a quad with a straight axle and not independent rear axle.....

8. SmsSnowPlowing

SmsSnowPlowing Junior Member

I have a 660 Grizzly with a 48" blade and love it. I Can't believe how much snow it can move for only a 48" Blade.

9. topdog

topdog Member
    from indiana

500 4 x 4 artic cat here.

i use it at bank tellars & sidewalks. really saves time.

10. ECS

ECS Senior Member

I had a 48" on my POLARIS back in the mid 90s and it did wonders. We got snow for 15 days straight (mountains got 150" of snow in those 15 days) and I just could not shovel anymore. Got the plow and get everything clean and clear the rest of the winter.