1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV Wagon Lift

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by hondapro4004x4, Feb 2, 2010.

1. hondapro4004x4

hondapro4004x4 Junior Member
    from Vermont

i have a 2006 Honda Rancher 400 AT with a 50'' Moose plow. I use this too plow my driveway and a couple of my neighbors driveways as well. I also sand their driveways. he way i do this is at the beginning of the season i use my wheeler and my wagon to haul dirt to their houses and dump it in a pile on the side of the driveway. The i just shovel it onto the driveway as needed from there. I have to dump the wagon manually so i have to make a few trips because i cant load the wagon fuly because then i wont me able to dump it. I was wondering if any of you guys had an idea of what i could use to dump my wagon. I was thinking of some kind of acuatur. Any help would be very appreceated.

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

How about a Pic of the Dump wagon so as to have a better idea of what you have to work with?

An Electric Actuator would work.

www.tractorbynet.com has a great message board with lots of build and add on ideas for things.
    would be a good site to go and look through for information about these things'

if your fancy and already have a winch you might be able to make that work as well.

reall need a Pic of you wago set up to give a better Idea for thing's.

sublime out.

3. hondapro4004x4

hondapro4004x4 Junior Member
    from Vermont

ok i will get a pic up when i get the chance. I got to thinking about the electric actuater. wouldnt i need to have cables running to my battery on the wheeler in order for them to work?

4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Yes either Cables to Pos/Neg of ATV batter with a swicth to reverse connection's

or if you have a 12V jump pack you could use that to on the actuater for the 5 times a year you need to dump the wagon. I have a ATV Trail Mower that has a electric starter on it that I put on Battery terminals for Pos/Neg and I just clamp on my Jump Pack cables and turn on the jump pack to start the mower up. this would also work for your dump wagon as well.

sublime out.