1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Atv vs. Small Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kolkie05, Nov 11, 2010.

1. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

I'm down to the wire and need to grab something small to handle parking spaces and tight spaces in a couple of condo buildings. Has anyone worked with a atv to do this? can I expect the atv to handle a couple inches of snow without a problem? or should I keep looking for a small jeep with a plow or something like that?
  2. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

umm.. lets look at the pros and cons

pros of small truck.
    *dont have to tow it to location
    *not made from sheet metal

none get the truck
  3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

a jeep!!

A friend of mine has an old cj5 an its perfect for tight areas an they turn on a dime!!
  4. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

I've been looking for months but small trucks with plows on them already are hard to come by.
  5. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

Just curious but what are you looking to spend? I might have a Dodge Dakota, regular cab short box with a western plow for sale.
  6. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

Less than 4k
  7. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

8. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Japanese Mini Trucks
    I picked up 3 over the summer. I'v got them outfitted with spreaders as well. Haven't had a chance to try them yet but for sidewalks they should work great. In Canada, they are street legal so they can drive site to site. When I fugure out how to transfer photos from my iphone I will post pictures.
  9. whitelite

whitelite Member

At one time I debated with myself the same idea. Bought the Jeep and didn't look back.
    ATV can move a good deal of snow, but towing, no heat and high cost for what you get, I couldn't justify it.
  10. BigGuyRye

BigGuyRye Junior Member

i also have condo complexes and similar issues, i just bought a four wheeler with a plow and it is amazing how well it works. It's the way to go imo! good luck!