1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV vrs a plow truck

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by aaajaws3, Nov 12, 2010.

1. aaajaws3

aaajaws3 Junior Member

OK new to the forum but here goes .

Just moved to snow country well compared to SE virginia anywhere above Richmond is snow country but I am in the NE corner of Connecticut and have a 350+/- ft asphalt driveway. Snow blower I think to much to cover question is will an ATV do the job. I have an F250 6.0L crew cab long bed just seems way to big to strap a plow on the nose.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated . ussmileyflag

Need to get something soon we had our first 2" Monday
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  2. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

I used a atv/plow set up for a couple of years but it got old quick when you froze and had to keep up with the big storms- especially those midnight/early morning nor easters. I switched to a jeep wrangler with plow and it's night and day better- warm, quick, can handle just about any size storm and I don't spill my coffee. Good luck with the atv- fun at first but...