1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DaySpring Services, May 17, 2006.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I know this has been covered and I did a search. All I found was related to sidewalks though. Im going to be bidding on a 55,000 sq. ft. Lot this fall. It requires salt after every plow. I dont really want to put a salter on my new truck though. I have a Polaris Sportsman 700. I've been looking into towable Agri-Fab spreaders of Possibly a small SnowEx spreader. Would this work good enough for a lot this size or would it be a waste?
  2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

You have to remember its not how it is spread its how much you have to put down. You can do this with a small hitch mount you just have to fill it more often. Even a salter needs to be filled. The guys that buy a salter then drive it around all winter and fill it 20 -30 times a season kill me i use snow-ex 575's and i can change products in just a few minutes. I use around 70 tons a season all with the 575's I buy what i need and don't have much leftover each season and i store it at locations throughout my route so its always close and i don't have to run back to the shop to resupply wasting time i could be making money resupply comes the next day after some sleep or after a storm time permitting and i keep on hand 2 1/2 applications for some reserve. So don't over buy ... My 2 cents..