1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV Spreader Deflector

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by micah79, Oct 13, 2003.

1. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

I have done a search and can't find an answer to my question. I am looking for an electric atv spreader that will spread the width of a sidewalk. I have done extensive internet research and all of the spreaders that I can find spread 10' or more. I want to spread 4'. I don't want to waste so much material and kill the grass. I was thinking of making my own deflector. Any suggestions or ideas? I would like to know if there is an electric atv spreader that comes with a deflector. If not, any tips on making my own deflector would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Micah

2. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

pumpkin:
    Is this really that weird of a question?
    :confused:

3. push4$$

push4$$ Junior Member

Check out Moose Utility Division, electric spreader part #M92-21090 or maybe Montana Jacks Atv Supply might have something close to what your looking for,they have some cool stuff.Hope this helps.

4. lm116

lm116 Junior Member

micah 79

Check out the used equip. thread.I believe snowice20 has 2 for sale.

5. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

thanks push4$$ and Im116 ,but I still can't find one. I can't find a spreader on moose or montana jacks. I sent a pm to snowice20, so hopefully he gets back to me.

6. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Trynex micro 375 with a deflector. Use a plastic window well, fab a bracket.

7. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

i bought a curtis fastcast 175 that will spread up to 30' and i
    wired into the circuit, a speed controller from a buyer or meyer mini spreader. it works great for sidewalks. the spreader is kinda salty at about $800 and the controller is about $160. i only used it for one season and would consider selling it if your interested. heres a pic of it.

dsc00042.jpg

8. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

Will it spread only 4'?

9. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

with the spreader controller turned all the way down it only spreads about 3'

10. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

look on ebay under salt spreader
    they list several that come with two spinners 30ft and 4ft
    $189.00

cardoctor