1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV Snowblower Homemade

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ramper, Apr 29, 2011.

1. ramper

ramper Junior Member
    from mn

Is this worth $1250?
    http://rmn.craigslist.org/grd/2348666897.html

It is a snapper front with a chinnese 16hp engine. The guy wants $5000 for it with a 2004 Bombadier 400 HO Max (2 seater) with a plow. It is homemade. It is about an hour from me so I do not want to drive without knowing what to look for.

I am looking for my rural driveway.

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I would say so, Depend's upon how well built the system is,

For comparison I got this 44" Kimpex ATV Blower back in 2008 for $950
    has a 13HP Tecumseh engine. New ATV Blower's run around $5K give or take.
    The newer ones have chute rotation/deflecation blower on/off engine speed control heck some even have remote engine start all from the seat of the ATV.

I got Chute Rotation and Blower on/off from the seat of the ATV. though I have Electric start of the Blower engine if in have 110 to plug into Which is great for the first startup of the day. Once the motor's warmed up 1 pull by hand will get it going again. Next on my fabing up list is Chute deflecation and engine speed control from the ATV seat..

[​IMG]