1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV Snow Sweeper

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by neblawncare23, Feb 5, 2015.

1. neblawncare23

neblawncare23 Junior Member

I was thinking for buying a 48" ATV snow sweep. Has anyone every used one of these and do they work worth a darn? Our snow storm usually on produce 4" on average with up to 10" at most.
    I would use it for my sidewalk crew instead of a blade.
  2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know of any one running one on a quad at all.

I due know of this

have only saw youtube video's of others.

good luck with your search and if you get one post up your results I have kicking around in the back of my head to due something but as a way to remove gravel from the yard in the spring time. I just never have the time to start such a project.
  3. outdoorimagesct

outdoorimagesct Junior Member

Anyone know how this works? Bought to order mine next week and try this setup. It would be extremely useful on the northeast since we constantly have re-freezing and re-applying of salt for walks. If I could just broom them daily instead of wasting money on pallets of salt for each site this would save $. I have a rotary broom for our Skidsteer and we love it. Only down fall is it's pretty large for a walkway width. Can only use it on our 60" walks.
  4. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

5. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Bercomac has a good reputation.
  6. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

When I worked at the john deere dealership we installed one of those with a blower onto a customers 825i Gator. We installed the heavy duty front shocks and springs and cranked the springs up. The UTV would sag terribly and the hitch unit that goes under the gator had 2" of ground clearance. The point of a utv is to be able to drive over some stuff right? The lift system was off of the winch on the utv, and there were no limit straps or bump stops to stop the winch from pulling the frame all the way up into the gator and denting the bumper. Poor R&D if you ask me
  7. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

Good to know, I've only seen them online.