1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

atv snow blower

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by BTM Lawn, Jan 9, 2009.

1. BTM Lawn

BTM Lawn Junior Member

Has anyone ever put one on the front of an atv?

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I have seen them on atvs. they look like they work good.

3. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I have a 48" Kimpex on my Rincon. It works great. It's for sale, but Maine is a little far for you!!

5. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I saw one on a truck yesterday!! Wish I had my camera.

6. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

clint nice sig lol

7. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Yep Kimpex Blower,

[​IMG]

Does a great job on the big snow fall's.

sublime out.

8. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

any other options? those are a little pricey

9. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

10. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

now that's a sweet set up. That would be a big inch driveway cleaning machine!

11. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

How fast can you go with that set up?

12. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

well down the road with the blower up in in the air I can get up to about 20MPH the it starts to want to wander side to side. or the blower want to steer the ATV.

though you probaly ment with the Blower blowing snow. around 4MPH or so.

here a drive I due,
    before,
    [​IMG]

and then 7 Minutes later,

[​IMG]

this was on a 7" snow fall.

13. woody64

woody64 Junior Member
    from canada

hey guys have an old snowblower and was looking to fix it up,does anyone have a schematic of their snowblower attachment for their quad.Would appreciate a copy or send me some pics of the way it hooks up to the bike and the dolly wheel assembly and stuff like that.thanks

14. 06Sierra

from Maine

Check out the Kimpex site. The older mounts are just a plow mount and then you have a couple chains to hook to the frame. The new mount goes straight back and hooks to a trailer ball on the back of the atv.

15. wolfmeister

wolfmeister Junior Member

Power V-plow or snowblower?

I've been doing a lot of surfing on this site and on the net looking for a new system for my 2004 Polaris 500 HO for snow removal. I primarily do driveways and sidewalks in my neighborhood. I've got a straight Polaris plow (I think) it was installed when I got the Quad. It does a pretty good job but I have to get off every time I want ro change the plow angle. This gets old in a hurry after 4 or 5 hours of plowing. I checked on power v-plows but they seem to be pretty scarce for one that will fit my Quad. I really run into problems when we get a lot of snow , which we have in central Mich. this year, and I run out of places to put the snow and after it freezes I can't budge it with out banging the pile and hope to break it up. Now for my needs would a power v-plow be best or should I check out snowblowers? I've seen the Kimpex, the SnowHogg and one other one which runs about 5 grand. Has anyone ever seen a snowblower made by GIO or know anyone who has seen or used one? They seem to be made along the lines of the Kimpex and I was curious if they would be dependable and satisify my needs. Thanks for any and all input.
    Wolfmeister

16. shtuk

shtuk Member

I havent used the Gio product, but as I am searching for for a blower setup as well there seems to be a lot of hate for the Gio products. I have resigned to the idea that it would be cheaper to get an old blower from a lawn tractor and a good used 18+hp engine and mate them up to make your own blower. With the searching that I've done I figure it could be done for $1600ish plus welding if you dont have a welder. Even if you bought yourself a good welder it would be cheaper than buying a new atv blower, and you get a welder out of the deal!

17. 06Sierra

from Maine

Wolf, even with a V you would still run out of room to put snow. I have a 48" Kimpex. It works great. It does take a little longer to clean the driveway compared to plowing, but you never run out of room to put the snow! I have to go out Sunday or Monday to cut back the snowbanks at my brothers place. I'll try to get some pics then. Kind of glad I haven't sold it yet!!

18. kagey

kagey Junior Member
    from Chicago

There's another thread with someone who has one for sale, well sorta - was a hit a run... it was there honest....lol ha ha
    seriously though - those blowers aren't cheap but look pretty cool and seem like they work well.

19. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

This is what we use when we cannot pile it in places.:D

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/skywagon12/100_0006-3.jpg

20. 06Sierra

from Maine

I can't look at photobucket at work. I'll have to check it out later.