1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

atv side walk damage??

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by vlc27, Dec 1, 2008.

1. vlc27

vlc27 Junior Member
    from nj

Quick question, I want to start going with a ATV and plow on my sidewalks. Does the plow do any major scratching or damage to them. I have 48 inch sidewalks to clear. thanks

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

We take trucks down walks

Dose this help lol

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

my plow scratches very little.

4. vlc27

vlc27 Junior Member
    from nj

yeah, I think the truck answer will do it!!!! thanks

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

LOL no problem

I have watch dad back the Dump & Vbox down them too :D

6. speedy

speedy Senior Member

Minor thread hijack here.... ;~)

I've got a Japanese Minitruck (KEI truck) I just installed a 72" Blackline snow plow on it. The plow is raised/lowered with an electric linear actuator, so it has no float capabilities, and considerable down pressure. Will the steel blade mark up concrete side walks? Would some stiff rubber work? in place of the steel edge? Should I switch to a polyurethane edge? And where might I track some of that down in Canada, western Canada in particular?

7. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

http://www.rubbercal.com/Poly_Blades.html Here you go, this is what I have and you cannot wear it out lol.

8. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I run a down pressure system on my Honda Foreman and I havent chipped up a sidewalk yet. you stray off the sidewalk into the yard and you can dig up some sod with it though. I know on my system it has a pressure sping with 3" of travel so there is some give/take to the system. How good a shape are the side walk? I due one that is nice and level the whole way and my other walk has some 1" up/downs from pad to pad which can cause me problems.

though the amount of weight I can put down on my blade is limited to the weight of the ATV

sublime out.

Pics of my set up on the ATV with Plow Pics thread 1st page

9. vlc27

vlc27 Junior Member
    from nj

the walks are in good shape and actually I just came home with a new atv and plow which is 54 inch. So we are going to definitely going to see how it goes. Thnaks

10. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Speedy... the shoes on your plow should help prevent the actual blade from damaging the surfaces you're working on. On our current plow truck (same set-up as you), the blade is several millimeters above the surface with the actuator in the down position. A poly edge would certainly add some insurance, but I dont think you will have a problem if you're plowing at a reasonable speed. I've never heard of anyone reporting surface damage with the Blackline plows unless they were on gravel/softer surfaces and weren't using common sense.

11. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

and you don't have pics posted yet? Your slipping. :) What atv and plow did you buy?