1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Atv Sander

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by K20Fisher, Feb 22, 2008.

1. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

xysportdoes anyone have a sander/salter on there atv
  2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I wish I did but I am gonna get one for the truck this spring/summer when they are on sale and cheap. I am thinking about making one for the atv.
  3. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

if you dont mind me asking how much did that cost you?
  5. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

i bought an el cheapo swisher model that works great, except its all steel and turned into powder very quickly. don't make my mistake.

make sure you buy one thats either stainless or plastic, cuz anything you run thru it will be extremely corrosive.
  6. Figueiredo

Figueiredo Junior Member

7. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I got mine for about $800...that may seem like a lot, but it's stainless, will hold 250 lbs and I only have to flip a switch to open the "chute" and another to activate the spinner. Might be a little over kill for some, but I'm very happy with it.

You can check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/EarthWay-Broadcast-Spreader-250-Lb-Capacity/dp/B000N4YGIU

I got mine from Outsidepride.com, but didn't see it currently listed on their site.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2008