1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

atv salter rack mount or tow behind ?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by traildogg, Oct 31, 2010.

1. traildogg

traildogg Junior Member

Hi sorry for all the questions newbie here lol...I was wondering what set up would be beneficial for plowing small parking lots and lots of sidewalks, an atv with a rack mounted salter or a tow behind unit, what are the pros and cons of both these models... thanx in advance for your responses.

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

We have a rack mounted Salter and it's small but it's much easier backing up than a tow behind.

3. noooooo

noooooo Member

The rack mount is much easier. My concern is that slinging salt from a rack mount spreader will cover the undercarriage in salt and eventually rust it out.

4. banksl&s

banksl&s Member

I tried a pull behind and it is a pain in the A$$ backing up and turning around. Wish I would have bought a rack mount unit. Works great on the lawn though, so would a rack mount. Capacity might not be as much though.