1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV salt spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mkwl, Jan 14, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I'm looking for a 12V ATV salt spreader for my new Kawasaki ATV, and I wanted to see what you guys reccommended. I don't want anything more than 90lb. I saw an 80lb 12V Earth Way spreader in Northerntool.com for 135.99, is this a good deal?
  2. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I have two used ones for sale if you are intrested.
  3. sharpercut

sharpercut Junior Member
    from MD

We use snow-ex ones. We had to create a harness so it would fit. They work real good with the mag flakes. The variable speeds can be very helpful too.
  4. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I'm look at the bumper buddy, seeing how the tow behind one is a pain in the A**
  5. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

Have a bumper buddy, have ran it for two years without a problem, even used once on my truck when the large one broke down, holds 100# without a problem.

biggest problem is no adjustable speed, either on or off. does come with two
    types of spinners depending upon what sort of application your doing.
  6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Anyone have the web address for these spreaders?