1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV salt spreader?!?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by EquityGreen, Feb 12, 2013.

1. EquityGreen

EquityGreen Member

I was wondering if anyone had a salt spreader for their atv and if so what model do you prefer. We have alot of sidewalks we salt and it would be nice not having to push a spreader. Thanks for any input you may have.

2. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

I just seen a nice one on wheels that if you made a bracket it could be pulled and lifter when not needed,

It was a big walk around at true value hardware it would need to be modified though

3. EquityGreen

EquityGreen Member

I was thinking electric

4. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

i will send a picture of ours tomorrow. forget the name but very reliable

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Here is mine works well 12V stainless Steel slide
    Holds 50 lbs + of Icemelt
    Brand think was moultrie My farm store had it on sale I bought for $60
    I put a skirt around it So the Icemelt drops in the path of the ATV and keeps it off the ATV I pull a pin drop down for 48'' walks
    Save time beats a push cart
    My guy will treat at same time when he is plowing the sidewalks

038.JPG

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  6. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

I have this one, but never got to use it. I'd let it go for a good price if your interested ?
    Earthway 12-Volt 80-Pound ATV-Mountable Broadcast Spreader

511HZBTMARL._SY355_.jpg

511HZBTMARL._SY355_.jpg

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My buddy uses 575's on all of his

8. Antlerart06

I wonder Who makes that one That same one I have with a different name I know seen same one with 4 different names

I made my own mount brackets I didnt want to mount mine to the rack Thats where I haul extra bags at

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Snowex 325.

28158_lg.jpg

10. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

1 manufacturer many different brand names for sure. I was going to mount the spreader on a bracket from the hitch with a single spray nozzle attached to it and set my ATV sprayer on the rack, but sold the quad and now don't need either. Just haven't gotten around to listing them for sale yet.

11. Antlerart06

For what they are, the spreader is a good unit My father has 1 for 8 years no problems with it .
    Its a simple design I have the bigger 125lb model on my Lawn treatment rig

12. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

We have 2 quads with the SnowEx 325's on em. Work good. Need to run bagged salt through them of course. I will post some pictures of them later in the week.