1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV recommendations for walks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by guntruck, Nov 13, 2006.

1. guntruck

guntruck Member

Hey all, is there any specific type of ATV you would recommend for doing walks and such other than obviously a 4X4? I think were heading hte route of ATV's for the long walks we have to do, yet am still slightly undecided. I pondered snow blowers, brooms, aside from our laborers but the more I investigate the more Im looking at ATV's for efficiency as well as being able to help in some tight spots on any property. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in Advance!!

Rich

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It's personal preferance man. You'll get a hundred different answers on this question. Any 4x4 atv can plow, I'd say at least a 400cc or so for a lot of commercial work. There are plow mounts and kits for every make of atv. Go test drive a bunch and pick the one you like. I have one 50" Swisher plow, but two four wheelers, not sure which one is going to get it though. I had it on the Honda, but the Arctic Cat is a 500 and has a low gear option.

3. guntruck

guntruck Member

Yeah I figured as much as far as the multiple answers, and I have owned many ATV's in fact I used to race. But this time since im in the market for a whole new purpose I figured I'd just get some simple opinions and maybe a pro here and con there. Thanks for the help.