1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV Rear Pull Plow Project

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Antlerart06, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Will just started this Project
    Look around to find a actuator and came across this new 3 point for same price as a actuator itself So save some time building one from scatch Now just need a 48'' front plow to make my rear setup I'm going try make where it will still trip
    Here cpl pics of the 3 point it was made for a swing arm atv but with some fabbing made it fit my Sportsman

antlerart 001.JPG

antlerart 002.JPG

2. Cyber36

Cyber36 Junior Member

Nice! I'm curious to see the finished product when your done. Where did you find the 3 point??

3. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Your system looks like a Cycle Country or Kolpin system. You might check to see if either of them don't already have a back blade that will fit your system. Probably save you a lot of time and maybe some money.

4. Antlerart06

Found it on ebay for under 200 ship Thats 1/3 of the price from a dealer

5. Antlerart06

Its a CC brand with Polaris name on it They make a blade looks like mini tractor blade that stick out away from the atv about 3-4' and I dont want that I want mine to hug the atv and it wont save me money thats for sure
    Today found me a 48'' snow blade for $25

Im trying figure out if I want it to trip or just be a fix mount plow
    Being trip blade will be less stress on on the atv
    Fix mount I'll build it as a box blade the box ends will help it jump cracks some what

6. Antlerart06

Heres cpl pics with blade Trying to figure out best way to hook up to the plow Doing 3 point or 5 point hook up This the fun part of this project Bad thing wont get to play with it till Tuesday leaving town for New years

SNLS 001.JPG

SNLS 003.JPG

SNLS 002.JPG

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

There's a reason why they have it that far away. Go ahead and make it as close as possible and you'll find out why they keep it away. No need to reinvent the wheel.

8. Antlerart06

And if you know why they have that far back Do tell
    I'll tell why its because there rear blade can angle
    Mine wont

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

You won't have room for all the snow that builds up as you drag it. It will pack into the back of the wheeler and you'll wind up getting stuck. You seem to know it all though so take what I say with a grain of salt.

10. Antlerart06

Only dragging the length of the ATV away from the garage door so it can be push with the front plow
    Help doing driveways getting closer to the house less time on the shovel
    On sidewalks if the first pass with front plow doesnt clean well then make sec pass with rear plow Or plow with both plows down

11. Antlerart06

Getting little closer tonite getting figured out I raised the lift arms on the 2 point part so we get more height out of the 3 point

SNLS 002.JPG

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  12. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

if all your doing is dragging the length of the ATV to clear out the Garage door, I'd skip the trip aspect of the plow you'r not gonna be going fast enough to break stuff.
    you might want to add end wings to contain spillage also.
    Just my thought's and if you are worried about the trip aspect on your 3point system you should have a pin you can remove that will allow the 3 point to float up. that way if your going with the rear down at speed the blade can jump up if you due catch an edge or something.

here's a pic of my rear blade setup.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/534733/1968-dodge-charger/page-26#5347334002

13. Antlerart06

What I was thinking but Im not the one be running it Thought in case my SW crew wants use it more on different area might want it to trip Never know what might hit Im going fix where it will trip and not trip
    Wings o yes going put them on I have them cut out and ready to put on With them off it is easier to get backets for front of the plow

14. Antlerart06

Well I was able get cpl hrs work on it
    Weld the brackets on the plow
    Mounted it next is the Top link setup and mount the trip springs
    Hopefully come tomorrow I'll finishes it and Do a test on gravel since there no snow play in

SNLS 007.JPG

SNLS 001.JPG

SNLS 002.JPG

SNLS 004.JPG

SNLS 005.JPG

15. speedy

speedy Senior Member

Make it a 'Swing Wing' ;~)

16. Antlerart06

What do you mean by a swing wing

17. Antlerart06

Its done beside paint and cutting edge and plow wings
    I tested in gravel and work will and would trip with extra down pressure
    Think I going change the spring location move them to the inside the A frame Where I have them now they stick out to far from the plow and wont fit on trailer with back board in place

SNLS 001.JPG

SNLS 003.JPG

SNLS 004.JPG

18. CReynoldsMIZ

CReynoldsMIZ Junior Member

hey man like the mizzou spare tire cover! MIZ...where are you from, im from KC and in some desperate need of some snow

19. Antlerart06

2.5 north east of you near Kirksville
    Like some snow so I get true test of my setup other then that I kinda liking this snow free winter about time start Deer shed hunting

20. Antlerart06

Made some changes already moved trip springs and plow works better now In gravel realy digs in better now
    But forgot my camera Tomorrow I put final coat of paint on Do a video clip on it working going patent this