1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV Rear Plow Video

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Antlerart06, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well was day after the storm and found some snow To do my test video Wish I could done with fresh snow but the snow we was plowing had been driven on
    It did scape some of the pack snow
    Did learn few things
    Thicker cutting edge or taller First one was gone by time I shot the video So with a new edge, it would have done a even better job

Yes I need wings on it But haven't made my mind up how I want do them pro wing or do a swing wing design after today Thinking swing wing that way I can widen the plow or set wing at angle for a scope plow

Watch it see how it works

Tell me what you think

My first time posting to You tube

Hope you like watching
  2. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Very Nice and clean.
  3. ram4x443015

ram4x443015 Senior Member

good job looks like it work out good :mechanic:
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Awesome, but it needs some wings.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

will be interesting to see how it does in some deep snow over the half an inch you posted.
  6. Antlerart06

my sidewalk crew was using it in 3-4'' with drifts and it was doing the same+ I was to busy+I was on the other side town during the storm to get video of it working in deeper snow In the deeper snow the guy would run both at same time front plow windrowing with back plow down He said sometimes when snow was to much on the front he lift rear up get the extra traction
  7. Antlerart06

O yes It does
  8. Liberty LLC

Liberty LLC Member
    from NJ

Nice how did you make the system
  9. Antlerart06

Well little weld here and there Lots of thinking some cutting some drilling more thinking few ML to drink
  10. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

looks nice
  11. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Looks cool, would be awesome if it was 3' or so wider? Any reason why you left it so small? Do you primarly do driveways?
  12. Antlerart06

My sidewalk crew runs it They have to clean 20 different locations of walks about 6hrs worth of work once they get them done and snow has stop Have 15 driveways that is really hard and tight for a truck to do Thinking going build swing wings for it so when pulls away from the house can make blade wider to 6ft and fold them to the back side when doing 4ft walks since its 48'' plow
    Getting ready build one for a friend useing a 60'' blade and going build it with out useing a 3 ponit hitch
    I bought my 3 point hitch new at very cheap price of $125 it wasnt made for my ATV was made for a swing arm 90s model I made this one fit mine reason for buying it was going cost me 125 for a actuator +25-30 for a switch So I bought it
  13. Antlerart06

Thanks Today I had work on it Factory welds was broken so So had make things stronger The guy I bought used plow from said he bought new in 88 for his dixion He takes care of biggest Condo complex We have here So it had been used well
  14. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Seems to work good. The only thing I see that I don't like it how easy it folds. It looks as though when you lower the blade it forces it to fold. It's leaning over too much. Maybe some super heavy springs would stop it.
  15. Antlerart06

Thanks was wondering when you was going to comment of the Video
    Adding 2 more springs See if works better or worst
    On drive ways that has curb at the street never lost traction Think I had more springs to it It might not trip and pick up the Atv on the rear and loose traction We will see wont know till I do it

The day Video on one drives we test it on had big crack and didnt feel a thing but man the sound like rip something off but didnt kinda sound like my trip edge on my MVP
  16. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Yeah, I think you're close to having it the best it will be. See what it does with more/heavier springs.
  17. Antlerart06

Yep all about testing till final product When I get my crap together I'll know when to sell my first one Building one for a friend it will be 60'' its my first contact So I have to get mine right
  18. Antlerart06

Well I put 2 more springs on it now it wont trip at all I tested it on a a crack and at very slow speed it stop me died in my tracks Next test I took off one and still didnt trip like it was before Would trip little but you really felt it Think going back to just 2 spring work the best and think be less stress on atv and 3 point hitch
  19. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

looks great! cant wait to see the video with the wings added
  20. Antlerart06

Im hitting stump in the road on the wings
    Since Its a trip design The wings cant have a steel edge So be waste time making them a swing wing
    I was wanting a swing wing so I could make the rear blade wider for driveways but with rubber for a edge wouldnt scape snow well
    So think may just put wing on so blade will still trip Maybe make different set to widen the blade just for driveways and make them to pin on when needed