1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Atv Ready For Plow Season

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Nov 21, 2007.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Got my plow lights all hooked up on the front rack. Have the plow mount on with the plow. Just needs a good cleaning.

[​IMG]

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sweet!. I just about have the same quad. Can you take photos of your mount? I'd like to be able to switch my atv plow from one bike to the other without exchanging mounts.

[​IMG]

Here's my Honda.

[​IMG]

3. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

That cutting edge needs to be replaced! And, do you really need those Meyer plow whips to see where the blade is?:dizzy: LOL Nice Machine though. I had an old 88' Honda 300 4x4 with a 4' plow when I was 14...It was a tank!

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

If you need a better pic let me know what you need it of and I will get it for ya.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

is that quad gunna be your back up for the truck ? have done any other service too it for plowing ?

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for the pics. That's the same type of mount that my Honda has on it. I modified it so it doesn't bolt to the A-arms. I didn't really like that part. I thought you had a different mount on your A-Cat. I want to make something that doesn't take away from suspension travel or ground clearance. Thanks, have fun this year!

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya. And yes I have serviced the entire thing. Changed the differential oil. Engine oil and filter. Greased all fittings. And I use this as a sidewalk plow quad or as a plow that I can get at peoples driveways that I can't swing the truck into to plow. it is 2/wd but it pulls and pushes with no issues. Goes good through mud too.

8. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice man !!! good luck this winter :D

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Ya thanks. I have had this quad since 2003. Started to plow with it in 2004. And I have been plowing with my trucks since 2000. Now I have my superduty which is a new truck plowing this year for me. But I have been told a superduty is the truck to buy to plow with. I had a 2000 chevy 3500 dually crew cab 4/wd diesel with 245kmi on it. And I had a spare truck to plow with. So I am set I WANT SNOW!!!!

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

nice quad, looking at your sig it lloks like a work house

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

How does everyone like Arctic Cats? I have had nothing but problems with my Polaris' and I'm fed up. I really like the look of the Cats.

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

The only polaris that are good are the sportsmans. This arctic cat has a ton of torque. A ton of power. And a ton of pushing power. I pull a 24ft bayliner with mine and it has no strain WHAT SO EVER. Pulls it like my truck does. I kno someone who bought a 12volt cigarette lighter thing for there quad but they cant use it and he is gonna give it to me so I am going to hook it up and get a beacon for my front rack. For when there is a state of emergency and I can go on the street with it leagally. I pushed 3 foot of snow last year with no prob. Had chains with no weight. The back tires didnt spin and it pushed the snow till it was over the blade. This thing I LOVE IT! And the last pic is from last sunday when me and 2 other friends went fourwheeling on the sacandaga lake. Never got stuck and i was in foot deep mud with 2/wd.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Nice rides. You should fab a snow deflector on those deals.

Id like to see someone set up some servos or actuators to control blade angles. Do those blades need any weight?

14. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i had one before. wish i kept it now im thinking of getting another one. this may sound pathetic but im starting to be too lazy to use a snowblower. i think the quad is quicker long as its only a few inches. you can also sit down on it and have a coffee cup holder. be great for walks. snowblower is better on deep stuff and placement but you have to walk and no cup holder.

wow. i am getting lazy and pathetic. :dizzy:

:rolleyes:

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

You sound like me man. it is easier. Funner. And lazier :p. I am gonna put some kind of weight on it for back blading. Once your going foward and the blade digs into asphalt and gets it. It will scrap ice, snow, and compacted stuff.