1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Atv ramps for back of the truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by tyslawnservice, Dec 12, 2013.

1. tyslawnservice

tyslawnservice Junior Member
    from montana

I'm going to fab some ramps for the back of the truck. I would like to have the option to use my truck plow with out unhooking my trailer. I would like to hear from other that have done this and may have pics of the ramps they use. I don't think my ramps will work they are only about 5' long and are quite steep and working with the snow and wet I don't think its a good idea. so it may have to be 9' long? any input would be helpful thankyou!
    and if you have any pics of loading your atv with plow would be sweet!

2. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

I've got arched 7' aluminum ramps from the local farm supply. I can load the can-am outlander with plow just bearly. The arctic cat isnt even close. Take into account I have a 3500 with a flatbed.

3. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

I suggest the biggest folding ramps you can find. Another trick is to figure out where you are going to put them, then drill a hole through the ramp and into the bumper where you will place the ramps and drop a bolt down through the ramps into the bumper to prevent the ramps from sliding out.

4. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

Ramps will be better than pulling a trailer in the snow!

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Same here, bought mine from Lowe's.

6. tyslawnservice

tyslawnservice Junior Member
    from montana