1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Atv pricing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DeSnowman, Nov 1, 2014.

1. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

How much do you guys charge for using an ATV to clear sidewalks and walk ways?

Thanks

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I charge if I to use a shovel or a blower That way if ATV goes down and have to run the blower or a shovel I'm covered

3. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

How much do you charge?

4. Antlerart06

That depends how many feet the walks are My rate works for my area wont work in your area

You need to figure what you want to make per hour That covers you over head

I average around $85 per hour More if Im salting walks

5. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

I know the prices are different in each area, i was just trying to get an idea.
    I have a sub who will be doing side walks for me and i wanted to pay him a fair rate. He will be using his own ATV and asked for 45 an hour, I just wanted to make sure that was a fair rate, and then I would adjust to bill the client.

6. Antlerart06

That's fair if you pay him 45 you need make double that That depends how good he is how much he can get down in the hour

2 years ago My sidewalk guy I had since 01 he retired and I had to sub the walks out I paid 38 per hour

7. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

Some of the walks won't even take an hour about 30-45 minutes, there hotel sidewalks, and on an ATV it shouldn't be a problem

8. Antlerart06

But don't forget the drive time between jobs

9. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

his insurance or yours? Not a lot of overhead for a guy to run a wheeler...... fuel, wheeler, plow..... who is driving him around....?