1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV pricing vs Mini Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by odd1or2even, Sep 15, 2011.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

How do you price out the use of your ATV and or mini skid steer with a 6'6" plow? I know the ATV has the advantage of speed for long stretches but the mini skid has more power. Also, how do you sell the fact that your employees won't be driving around at 25+mph on an ATV?

I'm planning on using this equipment on long sidewalks at shopping centers instead of shoveling.

Thanks for your time and input.
  2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Your employees will be driving around at 25mph plus guaranteed, especially in the middle of the night, so don't bother pushing that. Price it the same as your shovelers unless you're bidding hourly. The extra efficiency should be to your benefit.
  3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

I think that the quad is going to be the most efficient, however the mini skid has more uses. Can your guys be responsible with the quad without screwing around on it?
  4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't mean they screw around, but to make multiple passes on a walk they usually haul azz back to the start instead of stopping getting off and rotating the plow