1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

atv plowing

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by kingquad750, Mar 24, 2015.

1. kingquad750

kingquad750 Junior Member
    from 02746

hi guys I'm new to the whole forum world. i just purchased an 09 king quad 750 with a custom stainless steel 66 inch plow from a gentleman on craigslist. my issue is the 66inch plow is to big for my needs. looking to do my not so big driveway and public sidewalk. id like to do the sidewalk but what size would i have to cut my plow to? I'm afraid if i cut it to the 48 inches and then when i angle it i will most likely drive over snow when turning doing my driveway or something. how do i figure out what is the biggest size i can go to while angle without tearing up the grass on each side of the walkway? would it be like 54inch or 58 inch? I'm just not sure.

any tips would be great!

2. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Take the machine out to the sidewalk. Angle the plow and center the machine/plow on the sidewalk. Set the blade on the ground and measure how much plow overhangs into the grass. Say it's two inches on either side. Take the plow off and measure the overhang amount on either side. I would add a half inch to both sides (an extra 1" total) and remove that off both sides. So in the above scenario, you would be taking 2.5" off each side of the plow. The extra added will give you a little wiggle room.

3. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

A 50" blade will work on a typical 4ft sidewalk it will leave you a inch or two of room . I use a 54" blade angled on a 4 ft side walk and fits perfectly edge to edge

4. kingquad750

kingquad750 Junior Member
    from 02746

thanks guys for the tips! my side walks are 60 inches wide. figured a 56 inch wide plow would be fine i tried out derekslawncare's way of figuring it out. so side walks are 60 inches and quad is 48 inches i think i will be fine with a 56inch wide plow