1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV Plowing Commerically

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by R3Dside, Oct 29, 2012.

1. R3Dside

R3Dside Member

Anyone plow with their quad commercially (mainly residential I suppose) but as your business. If so how did it work out, costs, transporting logistics, amount of drives you can do, etc. Just curious as I am incorporating it into my business plan this year.

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Yes
    I have a small truck they pull atv around with
    They Do all my walks + some driveways that are to small or to tight for my tractor
    and 3 condo complexs about 6 hrs x2 guys worth of work total
    this is for snow up to 6'' over 6'' they haul a skidloader+ATV and drive bigger truck
    I tried to group alot my jobs together So I or my sidewalk crew dont have much road time
    My sidewalk crew gets paid more then my truck drivers do due to fact thats harder work and for that They get in and get things done

3. R3Dside

R3Dside Member

Thanks, thats interesting. Do they generally do walks after its been plowed (like for a residential driveway) or before the truck has been through?

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I rather do walks before the lot is plowed But doesnt always work that way
    Driveways if walk comes to driveway then the walk is done before the driveway is done

This year may be adding a 2nd sidewalk crew One the old service closed doors and I pick up a lot of there stuff and more a lot more walks