1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV plow with wheel shoes... such a thing?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Ex1900Driver, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Ex1900Driver

Ex1900Driver Junior Member

Hi...

I have a 2009 Polaris Sportsman 6X6 with a Polaris glacier plow and a floating edge on it. (Love it... It's a tank!!)
    I have a 3000 foot gravel driveway.
    It seems the plow shoes that came with the plow were no match for my gravel drive. They came
    off in just 2 swipes.
    I really don't want to plow with 60 inches of plow hanging from the winch... so I was wondering...
    is there a more substantial set of plow shoes I can get that can handle gravel that will fit on a 60 inch straight Polaris glacier plow?
    Are there any plow shoes that have wheels on them, like the large airport plows do, but smaller obviously???

Thanks for the advice
    GDC

2. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i dont use them you have to get a base established imo then once that s done you can scrape all day long. itll take two storms to get you started though then itll be nice. mines in nice shape but it is gonna warm up and that sucks

3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I've thought about mounting swivel casters in the shoe mounting holes.

4. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

any moisture freezing inside the caster may render it useless,

5. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

I find running without any the blade cleans better.;)