1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Atv plow skid shoe settings

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by traildogg, Dec 9, 2010.

1. traildogg

traildogg Junior Member

Hi there, i have been using my atv to plow and clear sidewalks 3-6'' snow falls, i was wondering whats a good setting for those little skid shoe things on the bottom corners of the plow, i believe my plow sits about an inch off the ground I want to clean as close as possible to sidewalk surface without scratching or damaging anything from the skid shoes,,are the skid shoes suppose to be in contact with the ground while plowing or am I suppose to scrape the plastic wear bar on the blade along the surface only ?

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

The shoes are mainly for gravel. I would take them off.

3. harlee79

harlee79 Junior Member
    from Kansas

I adjust mine all the way up and plow with the blade flush on the ground.

4. dan67

dan67 Member

Took mine off completely. I like it that way better

5. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

yea i take mine off but i am on gravel, i groom more than plow though, i leave snow on to harden and any bare spots i will throw snow on, then its a driveway an iceroad driveway, maybe a new show in it for me hahaha,

all you have to be leary of is uneven edges catching you, no big deal once ya find them you will know lol

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I took mine off and I plow mostly parts of my lawn with it.

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I knocked both of mine off in the first storm I plowed. I saw one just yesterday laying where I threw it 2 years ago. LOL I think the other was lost in the snow.

8. irv

irv Senior Member

gee i thought they were there to leave a line in the snow so you
    could find your way back home.--irv