1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV Mounted Spreaders

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Blademasters, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Blademasters

Blademasters Junior Member

I did a search and not much info came up, so I need some help with this:

1.) I don't want a tow behind spreader for my ATV.
    2.) Can anyone recommend a ATV mounted spreader?
    3.) Can anyone post some pics of an ATV mounted spreader?
    4.) What is your impression / experience with a mounted spreader (would you recommend this method to a friend)?

Thanks for any help :help:

2. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

i made the mistake of buying a worksaver brand. it had adjustable flow rate and adjustable spinner speed, but was simply a pile of scrap. I was looking at the cycle country version at the same time, but didn't spend the extra cash to get it and should have. I would STRONGLY recommend getting one that is as much plastic as possible.

3. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Lesco electric truckster

4. cr252many

cr252many Junior Member

As soon as I get this one in I'll let you know how it is.

CCF11042009_00000.jpg

5. chris carner

chris carner Junior Member
    from Albany

look at tractor supply!

6. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

I have found that the spreaders themselves are not the problem. You have to watch the media you put through them.

7. Blademasters

Cr252...

Does the Buyers spreader have and adjustable spray pattern? What if you want to use it on sidewalks? That's what I'm trying to find out is what works best for both wide area and narrow coverage.

Thanks

8. cr252many

cr252many Junior Member

Don't know Blademasters...I'll know in a week or so. I just got my order confirmation yesterday so it will ship soon.

9. captainkelley

captainkelley Junior Member

Swisher.

All plastic except for the metal. Really, all the contact points for chemical are plastic except for the spinner rod and bolt heads in the tank. Has an adjustment for the spinner/motor height. It will spread the exact width of my bike. The foreman of the job I was on fell in love with it. "Now I don't want calcium all over the place." "No problem." Worked great. The flow plate is the shutoff. That only that part sucks is you have to reach back and do it manually.
    I'm gonna put a guard or tarp between the spreader and the bike this year. Calcium is hard on metal.

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

11. The Swede

The Swede Member
    from Sweden

You can have a look at www.snoway.com i use their SW4 and SW6 on the new bike but here you got a picture on the old one.
    Works great.

IMG_1468.jpg

12. The Swede

The Swede Member
    from Sweden

And here you got some pictures of the new bike king quad 750 with the SW6 on it.

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

13. Blademasters

Looks great Swede! What did that snow way set you back though?

14. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

15. The Swede

The Swede Member
    from Sweden

Hallo Blademaster.
    Sorry but i dont anderstand what you mean.

16. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

$how much$? did it cost

17. The Swede

The Swede Member
    from Sweden

ok.
    The snoway spreader costs about 1200 USD.

18. ALC-GregH

from pa

wouldn't it be a good idea to rinse the salt off everything after I'm done with it? You can say that with just about any small salt spreader. I actually didn't order the Spin Tech. I've been trying to contact someone there with no luck so I waited. I'm still looking for something comparable in size to do small parking lots. I've been reading about the Sno-Way brand and they seem pretty nice.

19. ALC-GregH

from pa

Swede,How are the ATV's taking the weight of the spreader AND salt? That's about 500lbs on the back when it's full. I'd be afraid it wouldn't turn with all the weight on the back. I like that Snoway 4.

20. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

dam for 1200 bucks i would have a kid shovelin salt off the back lol still be cheaper hahaha