1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV LED/Strobe lights

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by ziggy82, Feb 5, 2013.

1. ziggy82

ziggy82 Junior Member

Can anyone recommend a good setup for strobes or flashing LED warning lights? I am looking to make myself more visible. I saw a few setups but was wondering what everyone did witht he controller as all i have seen are not waterproof. Any help you could offer would be appreciated.
  2. R3Dside

R3Dside Member

im interested too...
  3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

hard wire to a toogle switch
    I was ask by a cop to put one on mine Im looking at a LED strobe light mount it on a 3ft pole So it will be above the rider
  4. irv

irv Senior Member

seeings i have a cab, i have strobe by visibility systems that flashes in the back.
    if i need it i have a wolo strobe light that is magnet mounted to a plate on the top.
    plugs into the receptacle on my rubicon.--irv
  5. bullseye

bullseye Member

At our last "farm show" I was able to pick up .....

A package like in image 4......a package with these 6 pucks that are magnetic and are rechargeable !! I like them ...I put 2 on my quad with me so people see me ...I also put a couple on the truck when I am plowing (so people can see that too)!!! Easy to use and not permantly mounted....so there when I need them ....and take them off when I don't !!! Thumbs Up

They are pretty cool......like 6 or 8 different flash patterns ...work good so far !!
  6. irv

irv Senior Member

here is a pic of my 2. the little 1 hangs in my back window. never really needed
    the other yet. there are 3 large flashing leds in the little 1. there was sposed to be
    a pic in my other post . sorry.

7. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Those little Lightman units (the one on the right above) are pretty good for their size. I think I have two or three of the xenon strobe ones, and an LED one.
    The strobes have a bright "pop" to them. The LEDs have a longer "dwell" to their flash, or can stay on (no flash) by cycling the push-button switch.
    Not bad for something that runs on 2 AA batteries. :cool:
  8. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

I use two whelen tir3 on the back and a nova sultra on the front the nova is super bright only have about $150 in the setup. Ill post pics later.