1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV in pickup bed

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by lagwagon, Aug 8, 2011.

1. lagwagon

lagwagon Member

Anyone know if a Sportsman 550 will fit in the bed of an 06 F-250 XLT Extended Cab, not long box.

2. OCPW

OCPW Junior Member

It will fit, but you may have to leave the tailgate open.
  3. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

I know my 01 Yamaha will fit, but just barely.
  4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

With a plow? if you have a plow on it, then there is no way it is going to fit.
  5. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

My brute fits in the bed but the tailgate needs to be left down, with a plot it would if you back it in the bed (not recommended).

If you need to move it with the plow on, get a trailer and save yourself the the trouble
  6. denbadax

denbadax Junior Member

heres my 03 sportsman 700 in the bed of my old truck 05 gmc crew cab 5.5 ft. bed.

7. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

That's how I load mine. I have a long bed with a tool box, effectively making it a short bed. My Polaris Xplorer fits fine.
  8. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

Fits with tailgate down ,but with plow on harder to load, trailer would be easier and safer