1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV Ice Ripper for Gravel Drive

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by sublime68charge, Mar 5, 2014.

1. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

got the following put on my ATV rear Blade in Hopes of being able to Rip up my the Ice on my Gravel Drive

Pic of Ice Ripper's install on my Back Blade

IMG_1011.jpg

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think it will work but let us know.

Post a video!

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Why would you rip ice off gravel? Most people want it frozen and packed down?

4. sublime68charge

Close up of light ice area

image.jpg

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

You bought that for that little bit of ice!?!?

I assumed you were talking a couple inches of hardpack and ice.

6. sublime68charge

Close up of heavy ice packed area

left side is where I ripped up. the right side is untouched

image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  7. sublime68charge

I have thicker areas and Hard packed snow that I would like to try this on as well. This was just my first testing of how it works and such.

when the melting starts I end up with a sheet of Ice for my turn around area which is all on a slope if I can break up the ice enough to get me enough traction that I can walk around with out have to due Olympic figure skating routines to make it from the house to my work shop or garage I'll be happy.

plus the wife will like not having to slide all along the drive to get back home.

8. sublime68charge

I have my doubts as well but even if I can scratch the surface to give me a little bit more traction it will help. which will keep the wife happy as then she wont slid into the snow banks on way down the drive.

I will try and get a video if I get time.

9. sublime68charge

worked at the drive again today.

Fist Pic is what I started with.

IMG_1019.jpg

10. sublime68charge

The end result, I had plenty of Gravel brought up into the Ice track providing traction for vehicles. which was my intention.

I know this isn't the greatest way of going about doing this but it seems to work for me. Also next year I plan to Have Ice Chains on the quad when doing this to help bite into and chew up on the ice. I have the chains now but there are just 4link's and I want to make them into a 2link set before I put them on my old atv tires.

image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  11. sublime68charge

would have done more but I had to take time out and pull some kids around on there sleds. Enjoy sublime out.

IMG_1027.jpg