1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV Forum...

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by NJ Plowman, Jan 14, 2008.

1. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Any chances of getting a forum specifically for ATV's?

It appears ATV's and Quads have become a popular vehicle for sidewqalk snow removal. Many of us own them, have plows and salters on the, and I was wondering if there would be any interest in devoting a forum specifically to them...

What do you guys think?

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I think that is a great Idea,

that way use Quad guy's have our own arean and dont have to chatter up other areas with questions and such

sublime out.

3. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Sounds good to me. I would participate.

4. Viperjry

Viperjry Member

I would be up for that!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

plus 1 for me

6. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

would be nice...go POLARIS

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Like the idea

what about ATV sponsors?

8. livetoridemyxlh

livetoridemyxlh Junior Member

ATV plowing

I was plowing with my ATV for quite a while, until I moved to a bigger house with a longer driveway. After that, it was too much of a pain and freezing cold. I ended up investing $1500 in the plow truck you see below.

I would encourage anyone considering buying a plow rig for their ATV to consider getting an old plow truck instead. Plow rigs usually cost over $500 for ATVs. If you spend a little more on an old junk box plow truck, you get your plow, plus a spare hauling vehicle to boot.

As for the ability of my ATV to plow, I was never let down. I have a Suzuki quad runner 250 4X4 (the weakest 4wd quad there is) and it plowed through snow like a bull. Spend a few nights out there in 20 degree weather though, or when it is raining/snowing mix, and then tell me how much fun your new toy is.

If you are sold on rigging your quad up a plow, I would take a look at the size of your driveway. If you have a big driveway, I would suggest getting a bigger blade that can handle a lot of snow (like the "interstate.") You would be surprised how many times it takes going back and forth, reverse and forward, to get a big driveway clear. If you have only a small driveway, you should be ok with the standard 48'' blade. I had a cycle country plow and it never failed me (although, the electric lift is a pretty slow going up, so I would go the winch route.)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  9. plowershane

plowershane Junior Member

I would love to see an ATV forum!

10. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I have to disagree with you about plowing on an atv being no fun. I can spend all night out there in whatever kind of weather on my atv. You just have to dress right. If I did not have to do large lots, I would have a plow on my new atv.

See these are the kinds of conversations we could have on a ATV fourm. +4 for me

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

An ATV fourm would be a good idea.

Peterbilt

12. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Would love to see an atv forum!

13. Viperjry

Viperjry Member

Who decides whether or not to start a new forum?

14. banksl&s

banksl&s Member

That is all I plow with, only residentials!!! I'm in.

15. livetoridemyxlh

livetoridemyxlh Junior Member

ATV plow

See, now THATS the type of plow you need on your quad if you are going to do large driveways. The 48'' is ok for small driveways, but if you have a long driveway, you'll be backtracking for hours.

16. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

17. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

18. Lovethebizz

Lovethebizz Junior Member
    from IOWA

Thanks i have already got a thread in there going! great idea guys and go YAMAHA!:waving:

19. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

no problem...enjoy the new forum

20. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

MJD to the rescue!!