1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV for sidewalk plowing

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by homeworks, Sep 6, 2011.

1. homeworks

homeworks Junior Member

Hey Guys, i am looking at buying a 2008 honda foreman es with 500 cc.
    Last year i bought a chinese machine hoping it would last a few years for the good price. God i wish i would have asked those who new - didnt last one night where it didnt break down.
    Anyway, it seems from all the reading i have done, the Honda Foreman is a solid working machine.
    My question is the 2008 foreman es, is a good machine???
    I want to do it right this time.
  2. highmark923

highmark923 Member

500 CC is a good choice and will do sidewalks just fine. Honda makes good machines. I'm a Polaris guy myself but it should work well given the fourwheeler is in good condition and has been maintained properly.
  3. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

that is a solid choice for an ATV Plowing machine.
  4. jim331656

jim331656 Member
    from NJ

Can't beat a honda....
  5. snowtech

snowtech Member

i bought a honda 500 foreman with the es new back in 2007 and its still in service in our fleet. its been a very solid machine. oil changes and one starter solinoid is all it has needed. i could use a new set of rubber but im going to try and get one more year out of it.
    the es is great because with your winter gear on you can easily change gears.

good luck
  6. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I've always been a honda fan. Ran polaris alot too, but I went for a Honda again when I got a new one last year! No regrets! Not the fastest machine, but its tough!
  7. jim331656

jim331656 Member
    from NJ

I know people will tell me I am wrong or never had issues but I went Honda because it has real gears. I have pulled out quite a few cvt 4x4's because of wet/slipping belts.
  8. irv

irv Senior Member

bought my first quad in 02. rancher 350 es. then a 400 at and 2
    rubicons. plows on all of them.never a problem w/any of them. treat
    them right and thy will treat you right.i use syn oil and change way
    before recommended intervals

have had honda 3 wheelers ,scooters and bikes since the 70's
    have never been let down.
  9. gbtl

gbtl Member

atv's are fine until it gets deep or wet then they are worthless.
  10. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

atv plowing

been plowing for many years and atvs is the way to go more useful for the smaller jobs,Perry

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

belts are fer holdin up yer pants, mine is like a monster truck lol
  12. bullseye

bullseye Member

I used to run a 03 Honda 350es with Moose County plow for years. (My Dad has it now -still pushin snow with it) Awesome machine and it never gave me a lick of trouble. It plowed mountains of snow AND with stock tires !! Now I run 08 Honda 420es with a Moose County plow (I also upgraded my tires to Superlite Super grips - a mudlite copy) . Now this machine is unreally for plowin snow !! I can push full plow width no problem. I like the size of the 420 as its no too big for get around stuff but I still have decent power for plowin !! I have done driveways and laneways and haven't really ran into snow I couldn't plow !!
    I run Honda for years ....as they are just so darn reliable !! Thumbs Up No problems or breakdowns !! Just look after them and they will look after you. Always do the basics like oil changes,etc. And don't get too rammy pushin snow and everything should be good !!