1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV commercial pay rate?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Banksy, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

The guy who I plow for asked me if I would also use my Honda atv and plow for some work at the malls. I said sure, but he doesn't know how much to charge the customer for it. He knows how to price a loader or skid steer, but not sure on an atv. It would be used for pedestrian areas of the mall and tow a spreader for salt/sand.
  2. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

they can really be a time saver; it can get lots of areas you can't reach with a truck or skidsteer.
    I would go 30% less than whats charged for a skidsteer..... around here in ohio I wouldn't charge any less than $45 an hour
  3. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

:)We get $40 per hour wet (they pay fuel) and cash under the table so a good$.:):)
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Those were the numbers I was thinking. Thanks guys.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

theres a guy on another forum that said he charges 65 an hour. he got flamed pretty bad needlees to say lol
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That sounds like a bit much.
  7. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I don't rent mine out but I figured with me operating it or one of my guys I make 75 to 80 an hour with it...now mind you thats my driveways, sidewalks, and small commercial lot I used it for.....I think if I rented it out I would ask at least 50 an hour here...it does 3 times the work of a sidewalk crew in the same time. I think that would be worth it.
  8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Why do have a plow on the 2004 Honda 350 Rancher 4x4 and not the 2001 Arctic Cat 500 4x4? The 2001 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 would work great with a 60'' plow.
  9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

The 50'' blade is just a tad small for the Cat unless I add wings. I'd like to get a blade for it and have two quad plows ready. The Honda pushes great though. I need to put a rubber cutting on it. The big pedestrian common places it would plow have stone work and cement. I hate to scrape all that up.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  10. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

i like to get $50/hour
  11. nv_my_z71

nv_my_z71 Member

I know a guy around here that is getting 45
  12. Rubberducky700

Rubberducky700 Junior Member

Im in Nebraska and I charge $40 to my apartment complex lots or other commercial jobs. Probably a little cheap to some but how I figured my cost was what trucks were charging and cut it in half as I estimate I probably will take twice is long as a truck with a plow. Does anyone object to that?
  13. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I'm getting close to $100 an hour after I figure my time spent on the job. I have all residentials that pay very well to have their driveway opened up. I charge anywhere from $35-$85 depending on the size of the driveway. The $35 drive takes less then 15 minutes to clear the drive and walkways. The $85 one takes me less then a 1/2hr!
  14. Sportsman500??

Sportsman500?? Member
    from PA

I get $10 for shoveling a 20 ft driveway.
  15. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

That's making money right there. :D
  16. Sportsman500??

Sportsman500?? Member
    from PA

Ayy... I can't bring my lawn mower w/plow everywhere.
  17. triadpm

triadpm Member
    from 21771

In Maryland Brickman gets $87 straight pay and $95 premium (after 7pm Fri.-4am Mon.) Pretty good money huh?
  18. clayton2127

clayton2127 Junior Member

Ive done some work for brickman this year aswell. For atvs they pay 50-60 per hour. they usually dont care if you have a spreader or not. Brickman seems kinda cheap. Other places are offering 60 without a spreader and 65-70 with a spreader and plow. As far as that premium pay stuff. Never heard of that before. The only thing that changes pay rates is the equip you have.
  19. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

what part of maryland do you work for with brickman?????

20. triadpm

triadpm Member
    from 21771

I dont work for Brickman that is what they charge....their customer. That is in Frederick