1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATV battery on snowbower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BigBoyPlowin, Nov 28, 2012.

1. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Ok well last year we bought a China made snowblower for $350
    Its a 2 stager and works really well. Has a Light, strobes, self propelled, etc.

Only problem is, The Carb was giving us problems so we replaced the engine with a Predator 212CC motor. Only thing is, We dont have an alternator on it now.

I was wondering if there are any compact batteries like an ATV battery that would power our little headlight on it??

We do some dark pathways and that light and strobes really came in handy last year!
  2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I would look at maybe getting an led from a sports store. Headlight, or clip on to coat. They are cheap and you can use your power ports to recharge the bateries. Atv batteries without a gyro to keep them charged will get old fast charging them after every use. I have a clip on for my ball cap that someone put in my stocking one year, apparently form a dollar store, I wore it as a joke once shoveling a dark alley... and it worked amazingly well.
  3. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

You can use a lawn mower battery from any auto parts store.

but the led is a pretty good idea. my dad has one that goes on his head, it was half dead and i could still see across a corn field

Come to think of it i might do this for my blowers.