1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

atv and chains

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by prct2, Dec 7, 2004.

1. prct2

prct2 Junior Member
    from midwest

does anyone use a atv to plow with and do you use tirechains i am just starting this year and i am not sure if i need them. we usually only get maybe 3" of snow at a time. i am using a 2004 arctic cat 500 4x4 with a 50" plow
  2. caz1

caz1 Member

no you should not need them un less you gett really pounded but all the guys who i know that have 4x4 atvs with plow never use chains
  3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Ive got a 5 foot blade on my small quad and she pushes just fine without any chains...Rob
  4. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

I have an 2001 arctic cat 300 4x4 with a 48" blade and i don't need them. last year we got 5 inches in one storm and i did a 1 acre lot and didn't have problems with 100# of salt on it
  5. prct2

prct2 Junior Member
    from midwest

thanks for the replies sounds like i am in good shape i have a box mounted on the back that will hold 100 lbs of salt.
  6. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I am waiting to get a blade on my 2003 suzuki Eiger Dig it is supposed to be hooking me up. Will see can't wait to get her out plowing. Allready have 30 drives and pending a 110 home complex will know by first snow. How nice is that?
  7. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

plowing with an atv is fun... but not for long...
  8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I disagree, I actually like to plow with my quad. You can get alot closer and clear down to the ground better. And I like to ride in any weather. Ive been out in cold as cold as -10 deg before you add the wind chill. Live to ride...Rob