1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

attorney writing contracts?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elegantlawns, Dec 30, 2012.

1. elegantlawns

elegantlawns Junior Member
    from Mi

what is it you guys do as far as your snow removal agreements? have your attorney write them up or make your own and get it approved by the attorney? also I know everywhere and everyone varies but what do you guys pay roughly for your attorney to write one up and or approve your own written agreement? or just say screw the attorney all together lol thanks.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  2. CHPL

CHPL Member

Ask your insurance company if they have any specific wording or guide lines. Farm family sent us a pamphlet with specific wording that was suggested for snow contracts.

3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Yup, but they're just suggestions. I called my FF agent, and they said that they are just throwing out ideas of what they would like to see, but due to "liability" reasons, they don't provide full wording or exact phrases to utilize, but "what they like to see" in contracts.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...MRK8MTdDk0zhE8myAXHpQ&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dmQ

Go to the loss control bulletin page and you'll see what they recommend.

4. elegantlawns

from Mi

helped a ton. thanks so much.

5. CHPL

CHPL Member

Yup I took that and wrote out a contract with what I wanted to cover. I then sent it to my attorney and he added and worded what he thought it should say. By doing that he had to spend less time on it therefore it cost me less.

6. elegantlawns

from Mi