1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Attn: Sno way reps - Plow lights

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by riverwalkland, Feb 12, 2008.

1. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

I am just wondering when snoway with do somthing about thier lights. You are way behind the competition if you ask me. The Fisher, And the boss or western offer much better lights. A few companies even offer HID lights. Given being able to see is pretty important you'd think this would come up. I am about to buy another companies lights, just to mount on my snoway. I love the plow... but the head lights.. I can't see anything. My plow is a pretty new 28v 9'1".
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

You are correct in that some of the other manufacturers have new lights available on their plows. I believe at this time that only Boss offers the HID option.

We are in the process of holding our annual spring sales meetings and we discussed this very topic earlier today. We are a world leader in snowplow technology. Rest assured that we have no plans of falling behind our competitors. I would suspect that you will see a new light design from Sno-Way in the near future.

We appreciate your business.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2008

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Hmmm...I think my lights are the balls (29 series)...the high beams really light up the night time back roads and the lows are adequate enough...but hey, more and better light is a GOOD thing!
    Could there be an upgrade available if and when they come out with new lighting??
  4. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

you can convert you sno-way to run the saber hawks.....then put an HID ballast to run the lights....

I made a thread about this in the beginning of the season. But ya, ...the 1980s style lighting...doesn't compliment the plow very well...
  5. Mad Max 4x4

Mad Max 4x4 Member

JC Whitney Has Halogen Headlamp Conversion Kits. You can use any 9003 or H4 Bulbs the are both the same.