1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Attn. Sno-Way dealers

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by thisiswitty, Jul 12, 2009.

1. thisiswitty

thisiswitty Junior Member
    from Earth

Hello,

I live in Arizona and need a plow. (no this is not a joke)

I appreciate how you all have respect for each others territories, yet there are no dealers in my state.
    I think I want a 29- 7.6 with down pressure and would like to discuss options.

If you want to sell me a plow and ship it to me, please email me:
    thisiswitty@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    James

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Find Basher on here,he can help you out,I think.

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

The absolute last thing you want is a Snoway with no dealer support.... Run as far as you can from Snoway... Buy 7.6 Boss V and add downpressure yourself...

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't confuse the 29 series with the Mega series. dependable, strong, light weight, not a thing like Snoway's attempt to build a boat anchor like the megas.

I think it's funny that while everyone else is trying to make their plows lighter, Snoway had Fred Flintstone design their new plows. The truck market was coming their way but they're running from them as fast as they can. You'd think they would learn from the American auto industry's mistakes but NO they are set to repeat them:confused:

Though my Mega Vee had some excellent qualities, great mounting system (maybe the easiest I've ever used) the adjustable attack angle, never left a dribble line and with the 9" scoop wing wind-rowing was a breeze, it was a little rough around the edges and lacked stacking power, they say they have it fixed, we'll see when the new one shows up.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  5. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I would reallt like to see what they did. I was talking to a guy that builds electric motors and he asked me to take a amp draw on the plow lifting the way it is and then take one after I added a a second set of power cables from the battery in parrallel and then take a reading to see if the amp draw drops and how much. He said it sounds like the wiring in combination with the power package may be way undersized. He is an electrical engineer. If i had a second set i would try it but not gonna buy anymore things for this and have it not work.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's worth running another cable (or heavier) from the alt. to the battery though, no matter what plow is on the front.

And yes another power cable run parallel does help;)

7. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

No. SnoWay makes a best of market straight blade with Down Pressure.

How do you 'ADD' down pressure to a boss plow????????????

8. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Email sent....

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Kevin, you should take this question!

:D

10. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

I think I will pass on this one!! LOL

11. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Did the new Snoway plows hit the website yet, because I can't find them.

12. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Best straight blade on the market LOL!... And thats why I blew up a demo in 12 hours last winter (while my MEGA POS was in for repairs).... To the point it fell right off the truck!

Boss down pressure, I've read about it....

13. scottL

...Are you talking about the Mega series or the original straight blades? I've owned and been around several of the original straight blades for 11 years ..... zero problems, zero failure, zero headache.

I know nothing of the Mega series other than what I read here. As for the DP on a boss .... is it real or some guy in a shed with a welder and reversed polarity.

14. cretebaby

Do a search....there is plenty to read.

15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

First off, you need to swap the chain for a solid bar.

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:eek:ROFLMFAO

17. cretebaby

That's funny right there.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  18. scottL

So, would you then search the bone yards for an old sno-way unit to swap out :D

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I won't question the way you operate equipment, but I will say it was a Contractor (Mega series straight blade) you "blew up" that's the only unit that would go on your Mega style mount.

You are talking about what they now call the legacy series. the bell crank and ram lifted unit. As unlike the Mega series as it is any of the boat anchors out there.

20. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Witty - I (and many others) have had few to no problems with the 26 and 29 series plows, and the down pressure is worth every penny.

Basher - Am I safe to assume that I should opt for a 32 series instead of anything from the "mega" series for my next large plow purchase?