1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Attn:Manual trans plow trucks

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by duff daddy, Mar 8, 2008.

1. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

hey guys, my 99 f350 is a 6 speed and im mounted the fisher control box on the shifter itself but my question was were do you guys have it, i saw the other post for the fisher section but doesnt seem many guys have sticks, im gonna have to resecure it prob with zip ties and some velcro but how are yours mounted and where?

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

maybe try a fisher hand held with it. any pic you can post to give me more of an idea of your current set up. i could help you better if i see it.

3. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

here is the controller in my bronco , the bracket is welded to the shifter, very easy to use....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

here is how i have my sno-way. it works pretty darn good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

ok both of you guys are just about spot on on where mine is mounted, its more like snowman's because its on the front side of the shifter, my only problem is HOW its mounted i just need to figure out how to get it on there so it wont spin or slide down, i can weld i just wont to have it welded incase i want to move it or anything.

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

get a clamp fitting to go on the shifter where you want it, then use a u bolt that has long threads and tighten the clamp to the shifter and then on the remaining threads of the u bolt make a mount for the joy stick to go on. if i knew how on a comp id draw a rough idea up for you.

7. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

i spent about $2.50 at my local hardware to get that

all it was was a simple T bracket bent, and a single u-bolt going through it.

8. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

ah u-bolt like an small exhaust clamp that was gonna be my next idea lol thanks for hte help

9. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Mine is mounted on the side cause there is not enough room in the front, it would hit the dash board. But i also run the controller with my thumb, so it is in the perfect place. If i had it mounted like snowman2025, i would be lost trying to control it, lol.