1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATTN: Lifted Chevy Plowers

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TTBoy77, Nov 14, 2008.

1. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

I have a 98 k2500HD with a 454, ext cab, 6 inch full-drop pro comp lift, blah, blah, blah...Anyone out there have a lift and plowing with it? I currently have a Western uni-mount and am trying to decide on what way to modify my truckside mount. I think I am gonna mount it to the truck like normal and then custom make a drop bracket. I will triangulate the newly made bracket to the thrust arm. What do you think??? Anybody with custom mounts, feel free to post pics so I can get ideas and to show off your customization.:drinkup:

2. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I had a unimount on my Ford, and another Chevy, i thought that there was a little bit of adjustment in the truck side bracket, i could be wrong.

3. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

There is but unfortunately not enough to allow for the lift kit, 35 inch tires, and 18 inch wheels. How necessary is it to have the lugs at 10.50 inches? I was thinking 12-13 inches should work. The attack angle won't too bad. :)

4. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

You might want to find some smaller rims, and tires, that might help with the extra couple inches, at least for the winter. What size lift you have ?

5. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

There is a Pro-Comp 6 inch full drop kit on the truck. As for your suggestion with the wheels and tires, I don't have the money or time to do that. Thanks. payup