1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

attn b&b headlight issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ihdriver7088, Dec 1, 2011.

1. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

here is what i have

1999 chevy 2500 (light 3/4 ton) (new body style 99)
    8'2" power v 13 pin smarthitch2/smartlight2

trucks headlights are always on even when truck/plow switch is switched to "plow"
    if switched to "truck" only the plow lights shut off
    checked thru everything per the boss headlight wiring diagram for 99-02 chevy trucks

adapters are on the b side and vehicle option is red/yellow to red/yellow and white yellow to white yellow

i have switched things around and and no luck

please help me if more info is needed please let me know specifically what you need if what i have here is not enough
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I recall we touched on this truck once before and it sounds like your adapters and option connector are orientated correctly "by the book". You do have the actual locking tabs on the B side of the housings correct? I know you said you're on the B side, just need to clarifying as some guys mistakingly look at it backwards. The locking tabs need to be on the side with the letter you're using to be correct.

Do you have the like color grey connectors plugged together (grey to grey)? And the black ones together (black to black)? They're not that tough to mix up. Again just checking all the basics.

But I'm betting that the adapters are actually pinned wrong. I've run across a couple sets over the years that were pinned incorrectly during their assembly so that "A" isn't really "A" or "B" isn't really "B" and it may only be on one plug. And it only takes one wrong one for it to cause the truck lights stay on. So it may be nothing more that a set of miss pinned adapters.

You can test the low, high and common pins in the plugs to see if they all match up to the trucks low, high and common pins. You only need to check the adapters that are between the truck and plow harness. No need to check those between the plow harness and the truck headlamps. Or you can flip each plug one at a time and retest for results.
  3. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

yeah i got b under the lock tabs and grey to grey and black to black i'll play with it some more and see what i get